Pages

Fuzzy Feet, Jumping Munchkins and North End Chowin'

I was working away at the sleeves of my sweater last night (well, not really) and enjoying my fuzzy legwarmers when I had a warm, fuzzy moment of reminiscing. Reminiscing usually pertains to thinking of something in the distant past, but in this case I was thinking back to the last wonderful weekend. If I had a mental checklist of the things I love to do the most, I would have all the items checked off by sunday night:

Eating new and interesting foods? ...check
Laughing with good friends? ...check
Playing with my adorable nieces and nephews?...check


The list goes on, but the happy montage playing in my head last night goes a little something like today's post. Silly moments, like watching my husband pig-pile with Casey and Cassandra with little Alexandra wobbling her way over to join in. Laughing as we pretended to make the big announcement while my mother was rushing up the driveway, an adorable pout on her face.

Chasing around the North End band on a friday night, trying to spot the statue of St. Anthony in the crowd. Looking quizzically at a ball of food called arrancini, daring one another to try it first.

People-watching from the window at Carmen's, my fave little restaurant in the north end, where you can sample great wines while nibbling on sauteed sweet red peppers, olives, and marinated fiddleheads.


When all is said and done, I am entirely exhausted from the last weekend, but happily so. Its fortunate that in three days I could spend time alone with Phil (and most of the Boston italian community), time with friends, and plenty of time with our family. Could I do it again next weekend?

I don't think so!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good weekend :o)