Pages

An Introduction



Manomet-not exactly the most beautiful place on earth, but it has one amazing quality that never fails to amaze me. Yesterday I cruised down Route 3 in the messy fog and drizzle, slightly worried about the reports of flooding I saw on the tube at my gym/lunch break. As I passed the Plymouth Plantation exit the inevitable happened: a break in the clouds.

It never fails that the rest of the world could be covered in a soaking downpour, but my neighborhood is dry and sunny. They say the precipitation just gets "pulled" out to sea. This afternoon, and any day of course, is reason enough for a barefoot walk on the beach.

So I take this moment for a few gratuitious beach shots, of course spotlighting my most recent FO: the boxy off-shoulder cable sweater.

No pattern here, I just figured a warm woolly pink sweater would be perfect for spring. Knit with Manos de Uruguay 100% wool in color 01, and finished on my way back from the New Hampshire Sheep & Wool Festival on saturday. I started with a cable/ rib at the neck and made the rest up as I went along. Should I try this again, I would certainly add some shaping to the main body. One last shot before I go:


0 comments: