Pages

Good Beginnings


Since there has been very little about knitting this week, I present for you my two works in progress. First, to keep Phil cozy next fall I am whipping up a balsam green woolly scarf, made from Green Mountain Spinnery's Mountain Mohair. Staying true to my mission of buying only yarn I need, I exercised great restraint in New Hampshire last weekend, and walked out with only two hanks of this wonderful tweedy yarn, the color selected by Mr. Rand himself. (This is my first project for him-I've been so selfish!) Since it's just two ribs and a cable, no pattern is needed!

But of course there's something for me me ME! In Duxbury a few weeks ago I was dazzled by this tencel blend by Classic Elite Yarns, called Miracle. And even though my good sense tells me that a color like this will look terrible on me, I fell in love with the softness and subtle sheen. This should make a great "Almost Cowl", the sleek pattern I picked up from Wendy Bernard at www.knitandtonic.typepad.com

Of course on those little size 5's it make take me a while. I'm not ashamed to say that big knits are my best friend, with their quick results, and immediate gratification.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY DAUGHTER, CONGRATULATIONS WELCOME TO BLOGWORLD. i WILL SPREAD THE WORD.

Carole Knits said...

Hooray! Welcome aboard. You'll be addicted very soon.