Pages

Owls

I'm a little late to the party, but finally jumping onto the owl bandwagon. Whoever first twisted their cables to create owly patterns is my hero. Super knitty hero. I have always had a thing for owls, dragging my kids over to the raptor exhibit at every country fair so I can see the beautiful birds with those bright eyes.

My mother sent a care package a few months ago, containing (among other wonderful things) a ball of hand spun green goodness-she doesn't exactly remember where it came from, but its super soft. I whipped up some fingerless mitts and had quite a bit leftover. Both the mitts and the coffee sleeve were such quick knits-I absolutely LOVE instant knitting gratification.

There are unfinished sweaters or big projects that need to be fixed in my knitting bag that have been siting there for around a year. Could have some gorgeous cardigans. Or perhaps find a purpose for those eight skeins of charcoal-colored yarn from Knit Picks that are going to waste. No, I get a thrill out of mittens. And coffee sleeves.

Owls. adorable. Pattern here: http://myknittingbasket.blogspot.com/2009/11/owl-coffee-cup-cozie.html



0 comments: