Pages

Doing The Creative Funk


Winter blahs are the least of my problems right now, but would you really want to hear me go on about my problems? The real ones? I'll spare you the details, but to sum it up, in about six months this blog will go into pre-expat status as we close down the house and move to a different state, a teensy apartment, an everlasting and extremely adventurous way of life. Its a welcome change. I swear. But all the little details that go along with it are enough to drive one crazy.
On the other hand, in the middle of this windy, bone-chilling February my mother at long last started to teach me her quilting craft. It means more to me than I can express-there is something about my mother's quilts that make us all beg, hoard, and yes sometimes steal her creations. Being able to sew and gift my very own quilts will be so much fun! So, driving away those winter blahs and the creative funk I fell into after making a dozen of those baby sets (that shall be another blog), I worked the brightest, loudest hues into this Disappearing Nine-Patch. My very first quilt. This week the blocks have been assembled, and its time to decide on the border and backing-suggestions are most welcome!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogland