Pages

WIP Wednesday

Its always bittersweet when the boys go back to school. I love the peace and quiet and uninterrupted time I get to take care of chores, errands and calls. I hate the worries it raises about the boys going off for the day. The older they are, the worries become stronger: are they getting along with their classmates? Are they respectful of their teachers? Are they safe on the bus? Are they happy?

Yesterday we were shopping in Target and my oldest suddenly became very anxious to leave. He had christmas gift cards to spend, and had decided to use them all on a great set of headphones. However, before we finished shopping he wanted nothing more than to leave. Quickly.

It turns out he spotted a student that he seriously disliked, and explained to me later that the boy's friend had pushed one of his friends almost down a flight of stairs at school. And I could see he was mad. It was the first time I had heard ANY details or hint of high school strife and fights. It made me realize how much in the dark you can really be when raising kids, no matter how close you are to them. And we are really close.



 In the mornings after the boys get on the bus or on their bikes to go to school these things run through my mind.

Its relaxing to return to these projects as well, and although it slows me down I've been switching between the Whitmoor Sweater and my Seaglass Tee. Both are mindless knitting, but have been beautiful to watch as they grow so they are very rewarding!

My dearest hope was to have these ready to wear at NETA SPA in Freeport this February, but with Omicron spreading so much, I may only get to model them at home or at my parents' farm for some very uninterested cows. 

moo



0 comments: