Pages

My Finished 2021 Projects

 

Happy New Year!!
It certainly was a wild one. It was also my sixth year as a stay-at-home mom, which was EXTREMELY helpful since the boys spent the previous school year mostly remote. Maybe on a later post I'll think through some of the learning experiences I have had in the last year, but for now let's keep it positive with a knitting post!

In regards to knitting, I've come a long way in the past year. I've learned that I tend to be braver about wearing my handknits when I have more amassed.  So I definitely amassed them.  Its hard to count how many I've made in my life, as they're scattered everywhere around the house right now, but it would be approximately a dozen.

I've learned to stick to the colors I love to hold in my hands, not the colors that are on trend or what any color quiz predicts I should wear. 

So here are my precious handmade items of 2021, clockwise from top right:

  • Pagan Sky Sweater by Zanete Knits: I love wearing this softy as its made from baby alpaca yarn my husband shopped for and carried home from Peru. He's sweet like that.
  • Untangled Crop designed by Handmade Closet: I JUST picked up the Flying Fibers Yorkshire Medley and Rosy Green Wool at New York S&W Festival in October and got straight to work on this!
  • Kira Slipover (in the center) designed by Monique Chan: Such a pretty finished vest, from Periwinkle Sheep Highland Wool on Cloudborn Fibers Highland
  • Hinterland by Jennifer Steingass: I believe this is the third design of hers that I've knit and I used a bundle of minis from Dancing Leaf Fiberworks that were perfect for this yoke
  • Sorrel Sweater by Wool & Pine Designs: I cannot lie, I am a HUGE fan of Kim Dyes Yarn, a local indie dyer. This was made with her Brioche DK.
That wraps up last year! Its just thrilling to lay out the squishy soft sweaters I've made and see that they represent a fantastic variety of independent knitting designers and yarn dyers alike. Its easy to grow fond of your tried and true favorites, but not hard to stretch out and support new creators as well. Going forward, I really hope to test out new designers and I still have a cabinet full of yarn to do it!




0 comments: